Monday, December 22, 2008

FIrst Christmas Presents

I'm *this* close to finishing my Christmas knitting. I discovered that I can knit a pair of socks in about 8 hours--thanks to delayed transcontinental flights (thanks to the Northwest's snow and Northeast's ice)! I still have to hide the Washington gifts, but in the mean time, I can show you the Princeton gifts!

Meg got slippers, the Striped Footies from Lion's Brand Yarn: Just Socks book. Using a solid and a variegated yarn to stripe it creates a rather different look than the original.

Rachel got wristwarmers (these are also her birthday gift), the Pixie Warmers on Ravelry. I forgot exactly how much smaller her wrists are than mine, so we might have to adjust when I return:
Rachel's CHristmas Mitts 2008

I'll post about the amazing snow we're having as soon as I upload my pictures!

No comments: