Sunday, December 5, 2010

'Tis the Season! Or, This is Why I Train for Marathons.

Last week, I made Pumpkin Whoopie Pies.


This week and next weekend, I am making:

1. Peanut Butter Brownies.

2. Candy Cane Cookies, except that I'm using Mom's slightly different recipe, which is:

Mom's Candy Cane Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red food color

Mix all together. Divide dough in half, make one half red. Divide each
half into 4 parts. Cover, chill a lot.
Take out 1 red and 1 white part at a time, roll into ropes, fashion into
canes. Do it again and again! Makes 3 dozen, but don't believe it. Cook
at 375 for 9 minutes.


3. Chocolate chip cookies, ginger cupcakes, or mint chocolate cupcakes (the latter two from my German cake book).

4. Cakes for my department's December birthdays party. The gang is used to grocery store cakes with super sweet gobs of frosting...hopefully my German cake will go over well! :)



What are YOU baking this month??

Faraday wants to know.

Faraday

No comments: